The Houghton Search Group, Inc, (formerly Management Recruiters of Fairfax, Inc.) is in the business of positively influencing people’s lives.
Our candidates enjoy the unique experience of working with talented and trustworthy professionals to assist them in determining their career direction and personal growth opportunities. We will help you plan, build, and supercharge your career through introducing you to our premier list of clients in the insurance and financial services field in the DMV region.
We represent 12 of the top 20 WDC insurance broker/agencies.
We are unique as follows:
- We are local to the DMV insurance community being based in Virginia.
- We provide confidential career coaching at no charge.
- We focus exclusively on insurance brokerage.
- We have 20 years of subject matter expertise in insurance brokerage.
- We produce and distribute local insurance market intelligence including a bi-annual salary report focused only on insurance professionals working in the DMV.
We utilize multiple social media platforms to bring you insightful commentary on everything from resume building to interviewing techniques. (See link to Executive Coaching above.)
So How Can We Help You?
Our primary objective is to match your skills, experience, and attributes with clients who are in direct alignment with their strategic vision and corporate culture. We are local. We can’t afford to make any mistakes.
- Because we are local, we know the DMV market intimately and only represent client firms who offer professional opportunity and individual advancement. We know the poorly run insurance firms. We don’t represent them.
- We are licensed international executive career coaches by the Certified Coaching Alliance and International Coach Federation. Cert #: SC958456-3.
- We are talented. We are trusted by our hiring authorities which gives us unique access and the ability to get your resume to the right decision-maker without going through HR gatekeepers.
- Based on the number of candidates we place, we know the DMV market compensation levels so we can help you negotiate a fair and reasonable compensation based on what you are worth and not based on what you are currently making as a salary.
If you meet the requirements of our clients, we will manage you through our proven process from client presentation to interviewing to ultimately signing the offer letter.
Please submit your resume here, email me directly at [email protected], or feel free to reach us by phone at (703) 395-3466 and we’ll be happy to discuss your options with you. All information will be held in the strictest of confidence. Our goal is to assist you in finding that “perfect fit” between your skills and experience and the right career opportunity.